FREE LOCAL DELIVERY & 15% OFF 12 BOTTLES OR MORE OF WINE (NOT ALREADY ON SALE)!
· 40% Syrah, 30% Grenache, 30% Mourvedre (2017). 34% Grenache, 33% Syrah, 33% Mourvedre (2016)
· 40 year vines
· 30 days maceration with temperature control. 10% fermented in used casks; 90% in stainless steel. Hand harvested & estate bottled. 15% of the wine was aged in Oak barrels for 12 months.
· 2,400 (but only 1,800 in 2020 and 2,000 in 2019) (9-liter cases)
· Grilled meats, sauce meats, game birds, game rabbits and semi-mature cheeses.
· Deep, dark red color with blueish hints. Highly fruity aromas - raspberry, billberry(euro blueberries), blackberry - combine with violet notes and a touch of coffee. Elegant tannins; round; full-bodied; long and fresh finish.
"Stunningly fresh and pure forest-berry and herb aromas pour from the glass of this rich, yet beautifully proportioned Lirac. Beautiful integration of tannin, fruit and alcohol on the full yet silky and fresh palate. Long, velvety finish that pulls you back for more. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold."- James Suckling (February 2022), 94 pts
Fragrant nose of black and blue berries, together with delicate notes of licorice, sandalwood and bergamot. Rich and concentrated, but decisively dry. The fine tannins have a wonderful bitter-chocolate flavor and drive this full-bodied wine over the palate with astonishing briskness. Very long, powdery finish with plenty of spicy complexity.